Mrs. Chan's Class
- Tuesday, November 13th-Thursday, November 15th: Baywood Book Fair
- Wednesday, November 21st- Friday, November 23rd: Thanksgiving Break, No School
What We've Learned in OCTOBER & November
- Reading: Traditional Literature (Fables, Folktales, & Myths)
- Writing: Fables & Animal Reports
- Grammar: Punctuation, Pronouns, Plurals
- Math: Multiplication
- Social Studies: Ohlone Native Americans
Red homework folders are due every morning, except Monday. Homework consists of:
- Reading 20 or more minutes.
- Math worksheet- complete both sides and check your work, due following school day.
- Nightly reading worksheet- read story aloud everyday and answer comprehension questions. Remember to underline or highlight text evidence. Worksheet will be distributed on Mondays and due by Friday.
- Spelling worksheet- distributed on Mondays, due by Friday. Spelling tests will be every Friday.
*If homework is taking your child longer than 50 minutes, please let me know. This 50 minutes includes the 20 minutes of reading.
I started sending home a weekly envelope. I will usually send the envelopes home at the end of the week. Inside the envelope will be paper communications (permission slips, book orders, etc.) and/ or student work. Please have your child return the weekly envelope to me the following school day.
- PE: daily from 10:50-11:50am. Please have your child wear appropriate shoes everyday.
- Buddies with Mrs. Jordan & Mrs. Warren's kindergarteners: Mondays 9:30-10:00 a.m.
- Computers: Tuesdays 9:50-10:30 a.m.
- Library: Tuesdays 2:05-2:35 p.m.
- Music: Thursdays 2:05-2:35 p.m.
- Art: Every other Friday 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Links to Useful Sites
AR Book Finder is an online tool to look up a book's reading level.
Scholastic book order. When ordering books online, use the Class Activation Code GZV38.
Ten Marks is an online math practice and enrichment program. Your child's username and password for this website was given to you at Back To School Night.
Growth Mindset videos. These are videos we have watched and discussed in class. We are practicing to have a growth mindset, which is the idea that we can all get smarter and our brains can get stronger with more effort.
Common Core Standards are the academic standards for K-12 literacy and math education.
Classroom ph #650-638-2929
Email is the best way to contact me. Please let me know if your child will be missing school or will be leaving early.