Mrs. Chan's Class
Please work on completing your Valentine cards and bring them to school by Wednesday, February 14th. Make sure you have a card for each student in the class. There is a class list in the red homework folder. Cards can either be homemade or purchased at the store. Please also bring in your assigned fruit this Wednesday for our Friendship Fruit Salad.
Red homework folders are due every morning, except Monday.
- Read 20-30 minutes. Please write the book title on your homework sheet on a daily basis. Remember to spell the title correctly and use capital letters.
- Math worksheet- complete both sides and check your work.
- Take a practice spelling test at home on Thursday. There will be a spelling test on Friday.
* Please return your library books to school by Tuesday.
Weekly Spelling Words (Feb. 12-16)
Vowel -r Pattern
What We're Learning in February
Reading: Unit 5 Advancements in Technology
Essential Question: What is the value of innovation?
- Identify and summarize key details and main idea of a text
- Analyze cause/ effect and text connections
- Use context clues
- Analyze author's purpose
- Compare and contrast texts
Writing: Plan and Organize an Opinion Text with 2 Sources
Planning, drafting, revising, and editing our writing
Language: Possessives, Comparatives & Superlatives
Math: Topic 11 Two Dimensional Shapes & Their Attributes
Science: Sun, Moon, and Stars
Links to Useful Sites
AR Book Finder is an online tool to look up a book's reading level.
Scholastic book order. When ordering books online, use the Class Activation Code GZV38.
Ten Marks is an online math practice and enrichment program. Your child's username and password for this website was given to you at Back To School Night.
Growth Mindset videos. These are videos we have watched and discussed in class. We are practicing to have a growth mindset, which is the idea that we can all get smarter and our brains can get stronger with more effort.
Common Core Standards are the academic standards for K-12 literacy and math education.
Classroom ph #650-638-2929