Mrs. Chan's Class
Red homework folders are due every morning, except Monday.
- Read 20-30 minutes. Please write the book title on your homework sheet on a daily basis. Remember to spell the title correctly and use capital letters.
- Math worksheet- complete both sides and check your work.
- Take a practice spelling test at home on Thursday. There will be a spelling test on Friday.
* Please return your library books to school by Tuesday.
Weekly Spelling Words (April 16-20)
Suffixes -er & -or
What We're Learning in April
Reading: Unit 7 Communities Then and Now
Essential Question: What is a community?
- Identify key details and summarize
- Interpret and analyze graphic features
- Draw inferences from character actions
- Identify and analyze author's point of view
- Compare and contrast two texts on the same topic
Writing: Personal Narratives
Planning, drafting, revising, and editing our writing
Language: Irregular Verbs
Math: Topic 13 Area
Science: Marine Science
Links to Useful Sites
AR Book Finder is an online tool to look up a book's reading level.
Scholastic book order. When ordering books online, use the Class Activation Code GZV38.
Ten Marks is an online math practice and enrichment program. Your child's username and password for this website was given to you at Back To School Night.
Growth Mindset videos. These are videos we have watched and discussed in class. We are practicing to have a growth mindset, which is the idea that we can all get smarter and our brains can get stronger with more effort.
Common Core Standards are the academic standards for K-12 literacy and math education.
Classroom ph #650-638-2929